Discover ways in which you can encourage people to enjoy using your site and also make it simple for them to find what they want. You can accomplish both these things by using a range of cost effective tried and tested techniques to put the user at the heart of your web design and development process.
You will gain greater understanding of each of the key UCD methodologies including:
- Heuristic analysis
- Persona development
- Open and closed card sorts (cognitive modelling)
You will also have the opportunity to try out each of these processes for yourself.
At the end of the course you will be able to select the right process for the job you are managing, plan and budget for each process as well as assess the quality of each of the deliverables your team provides.
You will also be able to:
- Analyse a site and make recommendations for improvements
- Share information about your intended users in a way that everyone in the project will understand
- Develop the navigation structure for a site
- Use cost effective prototypes to make your site easier to use
- Meet and network with peers in the interactive design sphere.
The course is specifically aimed at:
- Web editors
- Website managers
- Interactive project managers
- Online marketers and brand managers.
Jane Austin an expert in user centered design and research and is a user-experience consultant at Precedent Communications.
Jane holds a professional diploma in user interface design as well as an MA in Hypermedia and an MA in philosophy. She has almost ten years experience in the industry, during which she co-founded her own agency, Recollective, whose clients included, Orange, The Arts Council, Channel 4, and Virgin Mobile. It was acquired by LBi in 2006.
What people had to say about the course:
- "A really helpful and enjoyable day which was relevant and inspirational to the projects I am working on." J. Reilly, MediaTrust.
- "Faceted navigation was very good, all demos and examples were very useful." S. Ford, Financial Services Authority.
- "I found the prototyping interesting because it gave me ideas on how to make the website papers eye-catching to useres. Persona and scenario gives the site more creditility and brings it to the target audience." M. Madbouly, British Council.
- "Jane was very engaging and knowledgeable - a pleasure." N Duin, Freelance.
Should you require further information about the course, prior to booking, please contact Ian Delaney.
Are you eligible for the discount price? Yes, if you have fewer than 10 employees; are a student, freelancer or unemployed; or work for a not-for-profit or a charity.
Security Error. Some browsers warn of a security error when you make your payment. It is the message from the secure payment site back to this site as to whether you have paid which creates the error. It is not sending any confidential information.