Planning to redesign your site or make it work harder for you? This course takes you through a User Centred Design (UCD) process, looking at both theory and practice, giving you the confidence to commission and manage UCD.
Do you want people to enjoy using your site? How can you help people find what they want? By using a range of cost effective and tried and tested techniques to put the user at the heart of your web design and development process.
You will be given an overview (and gain greater understanding) of each of the key UCD methodologies including:
- Heuristic analysis
- Persona development
- Open and closed card sorts (cognitive modelling)
You will also have the opportunity to try out each of these processes for yourself.
At the end of the course you will be able to select the right process for the job you are managing, plan and budget for each process as well as assess the quality of each of the deliverables your team provides.
You will also be able to:
- Analyse a site and make recommendations for improvements
- Share information about your intended users in a way that everyone in the project will understand
- Develop the navigation structure for a site
- Use cost effective prototypes to make your site easier to use
- Meet and network with peers in the interactive design sphere.
The course is specifically aimed at business professionals:
- Web editors
- Website managers
- Interactive project managers
- Online marketers and brand managers.
Jane Austin is a founding director of Recollective and a highly experienced usability consultant and information architect. She speaks and lectures widely, including running a module on the Creative Industries BA at Greenwich University. Recollective are an interactive design consultancy, founded in 2001. Since then their clients have included Channel 4, NESTA, Virgin Mobile, The British Council and The Design Museum.
What people had to say about the course:
- "A really helpful and enjoyable day which was relevant and inspirational to the projects I am working on." J. Reilly, MediaTrust.
- "Faceted navigation was very good, all demos and examples were very useful." S. Ford, Financial Services Authority.
- "I found the prototyping interesting because it gave me ideas on how to make the website papers eye-catching to useres. Persona and scenario gives the site more creditility and brings it to the target audience." M. Madbouly, British Council.
- "Jane was very engagin and knowledgeable - a pleasure." N Duin, Freelance.
Should you require further information about the course, prior to booking, please contact Rebecca Fitzgerald.
Please note that the Netbanx facility has problems with Firefox so please use Explorer when booking NMK events.